JAKARTA, 8th December, 2016 (WAM) — A spokesman for Indonesia’s National Disaster Mitigation Agency has said that the death toll from Wednesday’s earthquake has risen to 102, spread across three districts in northern Aceh, but concentrated in Pidie Jaya near the epicentre.

Sutopo Purwo Nugroho said at a press conference earlier on Thursday that 136 people are severely injured and more than 600 have light injuries.

The death toll “probably will increase,” he says, despite the agency only counting one person as officially missing. “A joint rescue team is still continuing to search for the victims.”

WAM/Ahlam/Moran