SEOUL, 29th April, 2016 (WAM) — South Korea has confirmed its third Zika virus infection, local health authorities said Friday.

The brother of a man diagnosed with the infection two days earlier has tested positive for the mosquito-borne virus, the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC) said.

On Wednesday, a 20-year-old man, whose identity has not been disclosed, was confirmed to have been infected by the virus after showing flu-like symptoms upon his return from the Philippines. He was traveling in the Southeast Asian country from April 10-14.

The latest case raises the number of confirmed infections in South Korea to three. Last month, a 43-year-old man was confirmed to have the virus for the first time in the country. That man reported being bitten by a mosquito while in South America.

SEL

WAM/tfaham