SHARJAH - H.H. Dr. Sheikh Sultan bin Mohammed Al Qasimi, Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Sharjah, issued Amiri Decree No. 24 of 2017 concerning the establishment of the Sharjah Sports Club.
The decree stipulates that a sports institution called "Sharjah Sports Club" shall be established in the Emirate of Sharjah. The Sharjah Sports Club shall enjoy the juridical personality and the legal capacity required to achieve its objectives and competencies, and shall follow the Sharjah Sports Council.
The club's headquarter and location should be in the city of Sharjah and may have branches within the city of Sharjah by a decision of the board of directors of the club.
According to the decree, the club aims to achieve the following: 1. To serve the sports sector in all aspects and developing sport in the country in general and in the Emirate of Sharjah in particular.
2. To highlight the role of athletes in forums and access to regional and global competitions and encourage them to participate in various sports.
3. Establish a modern and integrated system to develop the administrative systems of sport in the Emirate of Sharjah according to the best international practices.
4. Empower national competencies and develop human capital in sport.
5. To raise a qualified generation of sports leaders in cooperation with the Competent Federal Authority and international institutions and work on developing cadres and attracting them.
6. To strengthen the sports culture and community awareness of its importance and to promote the exercise of sport and create a stimulating sports environment that contributes to its development.
7. To enhance the prestige of the Emirate of Sharjah at the state and abroad as a destination for sports.
8. Contribute to the development of legislation related to sports affairs in the Emirate of Sharjah.
9. Provide and encourage initiatives to develop sports at the UAE and Emirate levels.
10. Establish sports relations with various local and international sports clubs and institutions within the framework of the State's policies and direction in this regard.
In order to achieve its objectives - and as specified in the decree - the club shall exercise the following powers: 1. To put and develop policies and programmes of sport and the rehabilitation of sports leaders.
2. Qualifying, refining and attracting cadres and competencies in all fields of sports that support competitiveness at the local and international levels.
3. Establish an effective and comprehensive framework for sport in line with the orientations of the UAE the Emirate and global trends.
4. To put a legal framework compatible with the development in sport to regulate the movement of sports.
5. Forming sustainable partnerships with local, Arab and international institutions to support the club's goals in achieving value added to sport and other related fields.
6. To put long-term plans and policies to provide financial resources for the development of sports and financing of local and international sports programmes.
7. Develop sports facilities.
8. Implementation of quality systems and ISO requirements for the development of institutional work and standards of excellence in the facilities of the club.
9. Establishing commercial companies in all forms, whether for sports purposes or investments belonging to the club, and acquisition of existing companies.
10. Prepare and submit recommendations to the competent authorities to adopt draft legislation related to sport at the level of the Emirate of Sharjah.
11. All that is assigned to him by the Ruler of the Emirate or the Council.
The decree also stipulates that the club shall be managed by a board of directors whose chairman and members shall be appointed by a decision of the Ruler of Sharjah or his representative. The board of directors shall supervise the club and shall be considered the supreme authority and has the right: 1. To develop the general policy of the club, its programmes and projects, supervise its implementation and develop plans to ensure the development of work in the club and its employees.
2. Appoint a manager for the club.
3. Issuing the financial and administrative regulations of the club and any amendments there and to set up its internal work regulations, in a manner not inconsistent with the regulations issued by the council.
4. The formation of permanent and temporary committees to assist him in the performance of his duties and determine the functions and powers of these committees.
5. Approving the annual budget and the final account and presenting it to the Board for the necessary action.
6. Approval of the conclusion of contracts, agreements and memoranda of understanding with others in coordination with the Council and the delegation of his representative.
7. Open and manage financial and commercial bank accounts.
8 - The use of the professionals, experts, volunteers and competent bodies to assist him in the performance of his duties and the achievement of his objectives.
9. Adoption of the club's income regulations.
10. Any other matters related to club affairs.
The term of office of the Board of Directors shall be three years and may be extended for a period or similar periods commencing from the first meeting. The Board of Directors shall continue to conduct its work at the end of its term until a new Board of Directors is formed or the Board is renewed.
The decree specified the work of the board of directors of the club as follows: 1. The Board of Directors shall elect a Vice-President from amongst the members during the first meeting, either by consensus or by direct secret ballot.
2. The Board of Directors shall meet at the invitation of the Chairman or his Deputy - in the absence of the President - and shall issue its decisions by a majority vote of the attendees. When the votes are equal, the Chairman of the Session shall be considered.
On the responsibility of members of the board of directors of the club, the decree stipulates the following: 1. The Board of Directors shall abide by the approved budget of the Club and shall not exceed it unless the approval of the Sharjah Sports Council is taken.
2. The member of the Board of Directors shall be solely responsible for any acts or statements made by him in any form or manner, if any administrative sanctions or fines result.
The financial resources of the club consist of the following: 1. Government support.
2. The club's own revenues, as a result of its activity.
3. The proceeds of investing the club's funds.
4. Membership fees and subscriptions.
5. Any other resources approved by the Governor or the Executive Council of the Emirate of Sharjah.
The Club shall be governed by the rules and regulations of the Sharjah Sports Council. The financial year of the Club shall commence on the first day of July and end on the thirtieth day of June of each year. The Sharjah Sports Council shall determine the date of the beginning and end of the first fiscal year. The Sharjah Sports has the right to view the records and financial statements of the bank.
The decree sets out a number of general provisions which are as follows: 1. The club may not spend its money except in the purpose for which it was established.
2. All fixed and movable property, donations and subsidies shall be the property of the Club and, if dissolved, shall be transferred to Sharjah Sports Council.
3. The club's funds shall be regarded as public funds and shall be exempt from all local taxes and fees in all their forms and types.
4. The Club shall have all the assets, property, material, and intellectual rights of Sharjah Sports Cultural Club and Al Shaab Cultural and Sports Club. The Club shall also bear the obligations of the two clubs.
This decree shall come into effect from the date of its issuance and the concerned authorities shall implement each in its own jurisdiction and repeal any provision that contradicts its provisions and shall be published in the Official Gazette.
Source: Emirates News Agency