Senior Sindh Minister for Education Nisar Ahmed Khuhro has said that no one should object over the ongoing operation in Karachi which was being launched against terrorists, target killers and criminals irrespective of their political affiliations involved in various crimes and it was not against any political party or person.
He said this while speaking at a press conference in the Circuit House Hyderabad on Saturday. “The operation was launched after consultation with all political parties to restore peace in the city,” he said. The Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) has demanded the operation in Karachi led by the Army to restore law and order in the city, he said, adding after this, the federal government took decision to carry out joint operation led by police and Rangers.
Although, all parties were taken into confidence before starting the operation against criminals in the city, the minister said. Khuhro said the same type operation was also launched in Lyari area of Karachi, the PPP did not raise any objection over it despite being the stronghold of the PPP. He said the PPP leadership did not support any criminals or gangs at any stage rather its top priority was to bring peace in the city.
In the same way, other parties should support the ongoing operation in Karachi as peace should be restored there which would be beneficial for the common man and the economy of the country, he added. The same Joint Investigation Team (JIT) report was submitted to the court and it was revealed in the media, he said, adding the case is in the court. Khuhro said that the names of some accused had been put on the Exist Control List (ECL) which was recommended by the government.
If any other report prepared by the JIT it would also be submitted to the court in the same way. Replying to a question, he said that Uzair Baloch was a criminal and involved in criminal activities and wanted in various cases in Pakistan and run away to Dubai on an Iranian passport.
He said Uzair Baloch was arrested by the UAE government and no one, including former Sindh Minister Dr Zulfiqar Mirza, should express concerns over such issue. There is a need of legislation to be made by each province to establish some departments to implement the antiterrorism National Action Plan (NAP) efficiently. With the international support and assistance, the Sindh government would soon appoint 2000 monitors for vigilance of schools in the province, he said. Monitors would be equipped with modern equipment as they work efficiently and effectively. Apart from this, he said the Master Rolls of supervisors were being checked on daily basis.
The education department is being divided into three subdepartments such as administration, finance and education to bring improvement in the education system of the Sindh province, the Minister said. He said the strict action would be taken against the perpetrators involved in attacking the head master of a school in Pucca Qila Hyderabad. He condemned the incident. PPP leaders, Zahid Bhurgari, Fayyaz Shah, Amanullah Sial, Aftab Khanzada, Rajab Khaskheli and others were present on the occasion.